Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit Chain Link Dress - Ideeli
"Ellie Blue" Wristlet (Retired Colors) - Vera Bradley
So I bought this dress online and impulsively, and to be honest, I thought it wouldn't look half as good as it does on me! I am beyond happy with my purchase from Ideeli !
I am in love with this site, because I find so many great steals! I was not asked to promote, I am just a very satisfied customer! It's been rainy and windy, so as soon as I found a day where the weather let up, I just had to take pictures!
The Buffalo weather has been a very confusing thing lately! It's freezing one day, and then 50 degrees the next! I'm just glad the weather is slowly but surly warming up.
Dress- Modcloth Stylish Surprise
Blue Heels - Modcloth
DIY Headband made by me (Link)
So my birthday was on Saturday, April 12th! I turned 19 today, and I'm ending my teenage years! It's a little weird, but at the same time, I feel like I'm mentally 24, (at least.)
I received all these very nice birthday wishes and got some very nice gifts from my family and Shawn!
When I woke up, I had a giant present sitting on my desk wrapped in blue wrapping paper. When Shawn gave me the okay to open it, I ripped it apart and it was a Keurig! I was so excited and I still am! I love it so so so much! When my parents came over, I was so excited to show them and I was bragging about it and I'm pretty sure they were all exchanging winks and smiles because of how excited and silly I was acting, bahaha!
My sister sent me gifts in the mail a week or two prior, and she got me a hair dryer, and a curling iron! Believe it or not, I didn't have one before! But it was something I really wanted and needed but wasn't going to buy for myself! I'm super glad she got them for me! <3 font="">3>
Thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday!
It's always much appreciated!
Garnier Dark Spot Corrector Review
Personally, I can't use Garnier products. They never work for me, or they're too greasy, or something is always wrong with how it works with my body chemicals. Even the shampoo makes it look like I never even washed my hair! But today I'm just going to give a quick review on Garnier's Dark Spot Corrector. It was about $17 at Kmart. It's also available at Walmart!
My skin is awfully toned. I have red spots all over my face, on top of freckles, and it just makes it look like I have very awful discolored skin. So I thought I would try to tone it down and use the dark spot corrector, to fix the red and brown spots on my face. Turns out, every time I have tried to use it, it causes me to break out. It isn't an allergic reaction, it's just bad for my skin. I think I have pretty normal skin. It's not too bad, but it isn't perfect either. My face is neither greasy or dry, and is not sensitive. With all that in consideration, I find it strange that the product doesn't work with my skin and actually makes me break out. I have seen other success stories that are meant to promote how well this product works, but I have also known 2 other people who have tried this with the same result. It's too bad. I'm not telling you to not buy this product to try it for yourself, it is only to offer information on a personal experience!
I have missed a few opportunities to get on this train, but I finally made it this time! For a super limited time only, modcloth sends you an apparel, shoe, or accessory surprise for a super cheap price! I paid $50 and received 2 shoe surprises and 3 apparel surprises! I was super super pumped to receive these in the mail, and once I did, I pounced to try everything on! I'lm sharing with you what I was sent! I love everything! Unfortunately, 2 o the 5 items are a weird fit. I received a black fringe "clubbing" dress (well, that's what i would categorize it as, anyway.) My size is XL (unfortunately) and this little black dress was the first thing I tried on. I don't know if even a person who was a large would fit into this tiny dress! It's open back, which isn't my favorite, but I don't mind wearing it with a jean jacket or anything. It was meant to be skin tight. I just don't know how I feel about skin tight clothes on someone like me. Anyway, the other thing that was a bit uncomfortable was this (awesome, beautiful, cool black, white, and gold) pair of heels that fit in the foot, it's just that I have wide feet. I OPENED UP THE BOX AND WAS SUPER EXCITED TO HAVE GOT THEM. Alas, my foot was too wide and who knows? Maybe I can stretch them out a bit? If not, maybe my sister will like them!
Here are some pictures of what else I got!
A coat, can you believe I got a COAT!? It must have cost twice as much as I paid for all 5 items! The make is fantastic and the lining is a very cozy faux fur. It's warm and lovely! It's even more than half wool!
I applaud you, Modcloth!
Truly, I love you.
This is just something super cute and simple!
I just used some stuff I had around my apartment. I didn't really have to buy anything, but this took me literally 2 minutes and not I think I will actually wear it! You could probably purchase these tiny flowers at perhaps the dollar store, or definitely Walmart. You can use anything to glue to a headband, maybe even some trim, or rhinestones, not just tiny flowers.
I hope you liked this!
Now we all know, as girls, that walking in heels is a little bit of a challenge. it all depends on the height of the heel, the fit of the shoe, and the environment in which we are walking. I have seen more than enough grown women who can can't walk in heels, and to be honest, if you don't master it within the first few months of wearing heels on a regular basis, you will habitually always continue to walk incorrectly in them! So here are a few little tips on how to avoid that common mishap and avoid looking awkward, as best.
First off, if you aren't comfortable walking in heels at all and are pretty much terrified to wear them in an "all day" situation, I suggest wearing them on days where you know you won't be doing much walking. Perhaps when you begin your heel phase in life, you should start by only wearing them if you're getting out of a car and only walking to an event where you will be doing a lot of sitting. Even standing in heels for a while will not only hurt your feet, but you can become unbalanced as well if you aren't used to it.
|These are some of my favorite heels to walk all day in!|
- Never lock your knees! (When standing)
- I am certainly guilty of this. The reason you want to avoid locked knees is because you will be less likely to catch yourself in then event that you become unbalanced, (and trust me, you will at some point of another.) This could happen if maybe someone is trying to get by you in a crowded party, or maybe if the heel is just too damn high!
- Never stand with your legs completely together.
- It's safe to say that standing shoulder width apart keeps you balanced, at best. Now, we still want to look like respectable ladies, right? So don't stand shoulder width apart, but just make sure you have a good enough stance that you won't "timber!" if you lose balance by a passer by.
- Put your weight on your heels.
- Too often I've seen women walking on their toes or perhaps just putting all the weight on the toe or arch. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. Your feet will kill after 10 minutes and now you're done for the day/night. If you put all the weight on the heel, not only will your feet last longer and thank you, but you will have more balance.
- Walk heel to toe.
- I know you may have heard it in movies and always just thought it was a corny saying to teach princesses to walk or something, but it's true! Heel down first, and then toe. This is so that you can feel the ground beneath you before setting all your weight on your one foot directly. If you do this first you can avoid embarrassing mishaps when trying to look sexy.
- Place one foot in front of the other, essentially.
- This is for those who have a bit more experience with heels. It was difficult for me, because well.. My thighs love each other and it's a bit uncomfortable. However, like on the runway, it is the proper way to walk in heels. Imagine a single line drawn on the floor, now walk on it, one foot at a time. You must stay on that line when walking. Maybe it is easy, I just found it difficult.
These are the basic to get you through! After a long day, take those piggies out and celebrate your victory of mastering the heel!